This website is hosted by LetsHost and supported by Format.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 25th, 2018. If you would like to contact us about this policy or about your personal data then please contact Emma Moseley firstname.lastname@example.org or 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8.
THE DATA WE COLLECT
“PersonalData” is data that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We collect variety of personal data in order to deliver our services.
We may collect the following information:
- Your first name and surname
- Your email address, telephone number and postal address
- Other information relevant to the service such as event date and location of event
- Phone numbers of important people involved in the shoot
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
HOW YOUR DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including :
- Direct interactions with you
- When you fill in a form
- Correspondence with us by post, phone or email
- Third parties such as event co-ordinators hiring us on your behalf
HOW YOUR DATA IS USED
We use, store and process this information to understand your needs and provide you with the service requested, and in particular, for the following reasons:
To provide information about our availability and services (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
- In order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- Internal record-keeping and to administer any account(s) that you might have with us
- We may use the information for legitimate business interests to improve products and services to you
- We may also use the information for internal business purposes and in the interest of improving customer satisfaction to customise our website to provide you with a better user experience
WEDDING GUESTS PHOTOGRAPHED AT YOUR WEDDING
CHILDREN'S ONLINE POLICY
Within the guidelines of GDPR compliance, all data collected on children under the age of 16 will be obtained with the consent of a parent or guardian.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS RETAINED FOR
We will retain your personal information for as long as is required for the purposes of our business and providing you with future services. In relation to financial and transactional data this will be for a period of 6 years after the date of the transaction as required by Revenue. Images will be kept indefinitely as a means of showcasing past work to potential clients.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will not release your personal information to third parties unnecessary to the running of our business unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may need to disclose your data to third parties in order to provide services to you:
- Delivery and postal services to enable us to send products to you as part of our contractual agreement
- Manufacturers such as album companies (in instances where names and event dates are placed on products that are part of our contractual agreement)
- Editors contracted by us for image editing services.
- Second shooters as part of your contractual agreement with us
- Accountant for internal business purposes
- Event co-ordinators hiring us on your behalf
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
EXTERNAL DATA PROCESSING
In addition to the above third parties, we also use a variety of data processors which are listed below:
- Business management system to record bookings, names, contact numbers, addresses and other information in order to fulfil our contractual obligations
- Image transfer website to send images to our editor
- Accountancy softwares for internal business purposes
- Live chat software linked to website
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – YOUR RIGHTS
You may choose at any time to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Ebony & Pearl Photography, 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8 or at email@example.com. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that mean the right to be forgotten (your right to have your data erased) cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that you provided us with in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please write to or email us at Ebony & Pearl Photography, 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data - You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to or email us at Ebony & Pearl Photography, 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8 or at email@example.com. You will not need to pay a fee to access your personal data.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data - If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at Ebony & Pearl Photography, 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8 or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us at Ebony & Pearl Photography, 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8 or at email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure hard drives or in the case of paper documentation, in a secure office only accessible by us or our staff. We limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the event of any data security breach, we will comply with our legal responsibilities to notify the applicable regulator and you as outlined in the applicable legislation.
Any password(s) which you might use to access our website or other platforms that are operated by us using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else, save as to making provisions in your will. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straightaway to change it.
If you have reason to make a complaint, then you should contact us in writing as soon as possible at Ebony& Pearl Photography, 9 Bond Street, Dublin 8 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this website, you should be aware that we do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.